Licensed insurers sell workers compensation insurance, manage claims and help people recover after workplace injury or illness in NSW.
SIRA licenses and regulates the Nominal Insurer (icare), and all self and specialised insurers in the NSW workers compensation system.
We expect licensed insurers to operate in accordance with the:
- Workers Compensation Act 1987
- Workplace Injury Management and Worker Compensation Act 1998
- Workers compensation regulation 2016
Other key guides include the:
- Claims administration manual (CAM) standards of practice (mandatory requirements)
- Workers compensation guidelines
- Market practice and premiums guidelines
- Licensed insurer business plan guidelines
- Deemed premium calculation methodology for the Workers Compensation Operational Fund.
Visit our Forms page
Visit our Publications page for fees orders and various guidelines.