Hearing service providers can provide hearing aids (and rehabilitation) to workers with hearing loss as a result of noise in the workplace.
Providing hearing aids
The hearing aid fees order contains information on providing hearing aids. The order includes information on:
- medical support for the provision of hearing aids
- selection of hearing aid
- insurer approval
- fitting and supply of hearing aid
- review of hearing aid
- additional batteries and minor maintenance.
Replacing hearing aids
Hearing aids can be replaced when the hearing aid:
- has been lost or damaged and is not covered by warranty or other insurance, or
- the worker can no longer communicate effectively using the current hearing aid.
You need to complete a declaration form when requesting a replacement.
SIRA approved hearing service providers are entitled to charge a fee in accordance with the current hearing aid Fees Order.
See invoicing for additional information.
Approval of hearing service providers
Any contracted hearing service provider with the Office of Hearing Services is eligible to apply for SIRA approval as a hearing service provider.
To apply, fill out the hearing service provider application form and submit to email@example.com
We have two versions of the form:
- an interactive application form (if you want to fill it out on your computer), or
- a static application form
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 13 10 50 for more information