You must have the training, skills and experience to perform the role and functions of a return to work coordinator for an employer.
We have free online training available to help return to work coordinators meet this requirement.
There are currently modules available to help to you learn about:
- the NSW workers compensation system
- what employers need to know
- understanding the role of the insurer
- working with the support team
- return to work program
- tailoring a return to work program
- recover at work planning
- developing a recover at work plan.
Future modules will be released over the next few months which will provide further information on understanding the claims process, worker entitlements and what to do when things don’t go to plan.
Who should complete the training?
This training is for people wanting to work as a return to work coordinator in NSW or existing return to work coordinators wanting to stay up-to-date with their requirements.
It can also be completed by others who would like to find out more about workers compensation and supporting recovery at work.
- Go to the return to work coordination learning portal
- Click on 'Create an account'. You will need to provide an email address and choose a password. This will be your user log-in to access the portal and will allow you to save your progress. When you register to create an account you will have the option to tick the checkbox to receive updates about the return to work coordination training.
- If you are trying to log back into the portal, you will need to use the email address and password you used to create your account. If you enter your password incorrectly more than three times, your account will be locked and you will need to email email@example.com to reset your password.
- Once logged in, you can change your password at any time by clicking on the menu button at the top of the portal and selecting 'reset password'.
- We recommend that you complete the ‘How to use this portal’ module first to help you understand:
- the system requirements
- how to navigate the portal
- how different roles will be represented.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties or require more information, contact us on 13 10 50 or email firstname.lastname@example.org