If you (the employer) have updated your return to work (RTW) program to comply with the 2017 Guidelines for workplace return to work programs (guidelines) you do not need to seek approval from SIRA. However, you must ensure the workplace has been consulted about the arrangement.
If you have not updated your RTW program with the 2017 guidelines, you must forward the following information to SIRA to support your application to engage a return to work coordinator:
- your name, organisation, address and contact details
- a statement about the nature of your business, the number of employees and locations
- a copy of your RTW program, with evidence that it has been developed in consultation
- a statement explaining why the engagement of a return to work coordinator is a better arrangement than direct employment
- a statement explaining how the system will result in improved injury management processes for injured workers
- a duty statement for the position of return to work coordinator, including duties, hours, position in the organisation and salary
- evidence of the proposed return to work coordinator’s knowledge and experience in workplace rehabilitation and that they have completed training in a SIRA-approved 'Introduction to return to work coordination' course.
Send the information above to:
Director, Claimant Outcomes
State Insurance Regulatory Authority
Locked Bag 2906
Lisarow NSW 2252
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is approved you will be sent a letter of approval.