SIRA has created best practice medication guidance focusing on high risk medications.
- Some medications used to treat injuries sustained at work or on the road have the potential for negative health outcomes and dependence.
- This guidance aims to minimise the potential harms associated with the use of medications and support optimal health outcomes for people in the NSW workers compensation (WC) and compulsory third party (CTP) schemes.
- The guidance includes recommendations, in line with best practice, for:
- high risk medications that should be monitored
- the application of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- indications for and use of a medication review
- standardised invoicing requirements for pharmacies.
Read the Medication management in the NSW personal injury schemes: Better practice guide or download as a pdf.