As a health professional you should apply the nationally endorsed clinical framework for the delivery of health services when treating people injured in motor vehicle accidents or workplace incidents.
The five principles of the clinical framework ensure that you deliver the right care at the right time. They are:
- measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of treatment
- adopt a biopsychosocial approach
- empower the injured person to manage their injury
- implement goals focused on optimising function, participation and return to work
- base treatment on the best available research evidence.