These exercises are designed to restore the movement and muscle control around your neck and to reduce unnecessary postural strain and muscle pain.
For each exercise:
- move smoothly and slowly, without sudden jerks; the key is precision and control
- keep your mouth and jaw relaxed; keep your lips together, teeth slightly apart and let your tongue rest on the roof of your mouth
- gently hold your shoulders back and down so that they are relaxed while you are doing all exercises (see posture correction exercise, exercise 4)
- in movement exercises, try to move the same distance to each side. If one side is stiffer, move gently into the stiffness. Move to that direction a little more often
- expect some discomfort, but remember exercises should not cause severe pain.