We sought feedback on a new regulation to allow payment of legal costs in connection with work capacity decision reviews.
Consultation period: 19/10/2015 12:00 am to 26/11/2015 12:00 am
We sought public and stakeholder feedback on a new workers compensation regulation to allow payment of legal costs in connection with work capacity decision reviews.
Input from our stakeholders is essential for SIRA to build a regulatory framework for how the new legal costs provision will operate.
The discussion paper outlined three regulatory options:
- setting a maximum cost of specific legal services
- establishing classes of reviews where legal costs are not payable
- identifying circumstances where one party may be liable to pay the other’s legal costs
Submissions were open from 29 October to 26 November 2015.
All non-confidential submissions have been published (see outcomes tab).
A submissions summary, which provides a high-level overview of the key themes articulated in the submissions received, was published in December 2015.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- 29 October 2015: Discussion Paper published on the SIRA/WorkCover and the NSW Government ‘Have Your Say’ websites
- 29 October – 26 November 2015: Submissions open
- 27 November – 17 December 2015: SIRA reviews submissions and prepares summary of feedback
- 18 December 2015: Submissions summary paper published
The information provided through this public consultation will be used to develop detailed regulatory options for consideration by government, with the view to finalising and implementing a new regulation.
We will continue to consult and engage with stakeholders throughout the development and implementation phases.
Any questions or enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.