We want your opinion on claims handling and business plan standards for the reformed home building compensation scheme in NSW.
Consultation period: 20/09/2017 9:00 am to 18/10/2017 11:59 pm
As regulator, SIRA is consulting on key design features of the new Home Building Compensation Scheme before it commences in 2018.
We have released two draft guidelines:
- Our Draft home building compensation claims handling guidelines look at how providers of cover should manage claims for home building compensation.
- Our Draft home building compensation business plan guidelines look at how providers of cover adopt good business practices and have the capacity to offer suitable products and services.
Please read them before answering the questions in our online form below.
Your feedback will help us develop the guidelines that will apply under the reformed scheme. For more information about the reforms themselves, see our home building compensation reforms section.
Don't miss this important opportunity to have your say.
- 18 August to 15 September 2017: Consultation on premiums and eligibility
- September to November 2017: Consultation on business planning, prudential regulation, claims handling, provider licensing and market practices
- October to November 2017: Consultation on regulations
- Early 2018: New guidelines and regulations will be finalised and implemented