Private rulings

If you're an employer, help is available from either us (the authority) or the Nominal Insurer (icare) to help you determine whether a person is a worker or contractor for premium calculation purposes.

If you want to apply for a private ruling you need to fill out this online application form.

A private ruling does not impact upon a person’s ability to lodge a workers compensation claim nor can it be used in any claims-related matters.