The JobCover placement program offers eligible employers incentives of up to $27,400 to employ a worker who has a work related injury and is unable to return to work with their pre-injury employer.
The employer incentive payment increases according to the length of time the injured worker remains employed with the new employer:
- up to $400 per week for first 12 weeks (maximum of $4,800)
- up to $500 per week for next 14 weeks (maximum of $7,000)
- up to $600 per week for next 26 weeks (maximum of $15,600)
- the injured worker's wages are not included in the calculation of the new employer's workers compensation premium for two years, and
- the new employer is protected against the costs associated with changes occurring to the worker's existing injury during the first two years of their employment.
The fact sheet for workers and employers contains information about the JobCover placement program.
How to apply
Speak to the insurer managing the claim to find out if this program is right for you. The JobCover guidance material outlines the benefits of the program, the responsibilities of all parties and the process for commencing the program.
Complete the JobCover agreement form. This is used by the insurer to certify eligibility and agreement of the worker and employer to participate in the JobCover placement program. It must be completed before the worker starts work.
To claim the incentive payments at 12, 26 and 52 weeks for a worker participating in the program, the employer completes the incentive payment claim form.