A medical specialist is a medical practitioner recognised as a specialist in accordance with the Health Insurance Regulations 1975 (Cth), Schedule 4, part 1, who is remunerated at specialist rates under Medicare.
Medical specialists providing treatment to a worker are paid in accordance with the 2017 Workers Compensation Medical Practitioner Fees Order and the 2017 Surgeon Fees Order.
These documents also provide additional information:
- Workers compensation guide for medical practitioners
- Certificate of capacity form
- Guide to completing the certificate of capacity
- Guidelines for claiming workers compensation
- 2016 Medical Practitioner Fees Order
- 2016 Surgeon Fees Order
Call us on 13 10 50 for more information about medical specialists.