- record it in your register of injuries
- Employers must keep a record of injuries regardless of whether there has been a workers compensation claim. This is called a register of injuries.
Each entry in the register must include:
- the name and details of the worker (including address, age and occupation at time of injury)
- the industry in which the worker was engaged at the time of injury
- details of the injury (including the time and date it occurred, the nature and cause of the injury).
The register of injuries may be kept in writing or be electronic (like on a computer) and should be readily accessible.
There are penalties for failing to keep a register of injuries.
There is a standard register template you can use.