This program provides funding to address immediate or short term barriers or needs that prevent a worker from obtaining or accepting an offer of employment with a new employer.
It provides funding of up to:
- $200 to help you job-seek or start work
- $5,000 to address immediate or short term barriers that prevent you from accepting an offer of new employment.
The funding could be used to pay for a range of things including:
- travel costs
- relocation and accommodation
- child care
- clothing and related expenses
Read the transition to work guidance material for more information.
You are eligible if you:
- can’t return to work with your pre-injury employer because of your injury
- have a barrier or need that is preventing you from finding or accepting new employment
- are receiving or are entitled to receive, weekly workers compensation payments or recently stopped weekly payments because you started working
- haven’t accepted a commutation or work injury damages settlement.
- have used your entitlement to new employment assistance
How to apply
- determine if this program is suitable for you and help you items that are meet your needs and can be funded under this project.
- arrange completion of the vocational program details form and the work trial agreement (so you can start the program)
- organise insurer approval
- organise payment for program costs using the vocational claim for payment form