This program provides funding to help you develop new skills and qualifications so you can return to return to work with your pre injury employer in a new role or start work with a new employer.
What is it?
This program is only available for people injured in a work related accident.
The training program can be used to pay for the costs associated with completing training with TAFE, a university or registered training organisation.
Costs might include course fees and associated expenses like stationery, textbooks, essential course equipment, travel and accommodation.
Read the training program guidance material for more information.
You are eligible if you:
- are receiving or entitled to receive, weekly workers compensation payments when the program commences
- haven’t accepted a commutation or work injury damages settlement
- have used your entitlement to the education or training assistance benefit where eligible
How to apply
- determine if this program is suitable for you and help you find training that can be eligible.
- arrange completion of the training program application form (so you can start the program)
- organise insurer approval
- organise payment for program costs using the vocational claim for payment form (for employers)
- complete the vocational program closure report form (to record the outcome of the program)