This program is designed to help you secure employment with a new employer.
The JobCover6 provides three benefits to eligible new employers to encourage an employer to offer you a job:
- incentive payments of up to $10,400 for up to 6 months
- exemption of your wages from their workers compensation premium calculation for two years
- protection against the costs of changes to your existing injury for up to two years.
The program has been developed in recognition of the economic and business impacts of COVID-19 and can be accessed during this period.
Employer incentive payment
The employer incentive payment is up to $400 per week and is payable over the first 6 months of work up to a maximum amount of $10,400.
You are eligible if you:
- have capacity for work and are looking for new employment.
- are receiving, or are entitled to receive, weekly workers compensation payments under the Workers Compensation Act 1987 (1987 Act) or just prior to the COVID-19 pandemic you were engaged in suitable work with your pre-injury employer.
- haven’t accepted a commutation or work injury damages settlement.
An employer may be eligible if they:
- have offered employment to you for an agreed period
- hold a current workers compensation policy with an insurer or a self-insurer’s licence
Read the JobCover6 guidance material for more information
How to apply
Speak to your insurer case manager or workplace rehabilitation provider about using the JobCover6 program.
- determine if this program is suitable for you
- help you look for work with a new employer
- arrange a workplace assessment to match your capacity to the requirements of the job
- complete the JobCover program / JobCover6 agreement form
- organise insurer approval (agreement)
- inform your new employer how to claim the incentive payments using the JobCover / JobCover6 incentive payment claim form.
If your request to use a SIRA-funded program has not been approved, find out how to request a review of a program decision.