This program can be used to purchase equipment or make modifications to help you recover at work or start work with a new employer.
COVID-19 update: A worker who is receiving workers compensation payments and is required to work from home to manage social distancing requirements, may be able to be supported by SIRA’s equipment program
What do I need to do? Submit an application with evidence of the need to work from home due to COVID-19 for funding of relevant equipment using the vocational program details form.
Equipment and workplace modifications can be specific to your functional requirements or necessary for you to start a new role.
Read the equipment and workplace modification program guidance material for more information.
You are eligible if you:
- are receiving or entitled to receive weekly workers compensation payments when the program commences
- haven’t accepted a commutation or work injury damages settlement
- have used your entitlement to new employment assistance – if starting work with a new employer.
How to apply
- determine if this program is suitable for you, can help you with equipment or workplace modifications that meet your needs and can be funded under this program.
- arrange completion of the vocational program details form
- organise insurer approval
- organise payment for program costs using the vocational claim for payment form.
If your request to use a SIRA-funded program has not been approved, find out how to request a review of a program decision.