The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) has published the March 2020 issue of the CTP insurer claims experience and customer feedback comparison report on the SIRA website.
The report compares insurers in the NSW compulsory third party (CTP) scheme against a range of evidence-based indicators that measure insurer performance over the course of an injured person’s claims journey.
The data will help customers compare insurers. People injured in motor accidents may also benefit from knowing what to expect from the insurer managing their claim.
The report includes the following measures:
- the number of statutory benefits claims accepted by insurers
- how quickly insurers pay statutory benefits
- the outcome of claim decisions reviewed through the insurer’s internal review unit
- the number and type of compliments and complaints about insurers
- the number and type of issues escalated to the SIRA Enforcement and Prosecutions team
SIRA will publish CTP insurer claims experience and customer feedback comparison results each quarter.
- CTP insurer claims experience and customer feedback comparison - December 2019 report
- CTP insurer claims experience and customer feedback comparison - September 2019 report
- CTP Insurer Claims Experience and Customer Feedback Comparison – June 2019 report
- Other motor accident (CTP) reports
- Learn about insurer performance