The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) has launched a new online portal for motor accident disputes.
SIRA’s Dispute Resolution Service (DRS) manages the resolution of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) motor accident disputes, processing over 12,000 motor accident disputes a year. The dispute resolution portal will make dispute resolution easy and transparent for all parties involved by giving them access to real-time status updates, in-system communication, and more efficient dispute resolution.
About the portal
The digital portal was developed in consultation with stakeholders. It streamlines the process for parties involved in a dispute by replacing manual, paper-based systems and cutting red tape.
Users will be able to:
- navigate and understand streamlined, easy to understand forms
- lodge a dispute in under 20 minutes – that is 75% faster than the previous process
- upload documents related to disputes
- track their dispute online in real-time
- receive instant notification and updates on their dispute
The new portal also reduces processing time by up to 60% so parties have swift resolution and can get on with their lives. It is one of many initiatives being implemented to support customers as part of SIRA’s digital engagement strategy.