I am a vulnerable person and I want to socially distance myself from the community. How does this affect my weekly payments?

You should speak with the insurer about your concerns. The insurer may take into consideration information and advice from the NSW Government about leaving home and whether certain groups of people (elderly, the young and immune-compromised) should restrict their travel.

You can also speak with  the insurer about SIRA funded programs that may help you with social distancing. For example, the equipment program  may be able to provide you with equipment so that you can work from home.

If you need further assistance, you can contact the Workers Compensation Review Officer (WIRO) on 13 94 76, through their online complaints form or by email at