What changes have been made in issuing a certificate of capacity?

The initial certificate of capacity for a work-related injury or condition must still be issued by a medical practitioner.

For work-related injuries, a subsequent certificate can continue to be provided by a medical practitioner via a Certificate of Capacity, however can now also be provided by a SIRA approved treating physiotherapist or a SIRA approved treating psychologist, who complete the Certificate of capacity/certificate of fitness - treating physiotherapist or psychologist.