My worker is unable to obtain a Certificate of Capacity because of COVID-19. What do we do?

We've made changes to make it easier to access a certificate of capacity.

Treating physiotherapists and treating psychologists can now issue certificates of capacity. The initial certificate must continue to be issued to the worker by a doctor. However, a treating physiotherapist or treating psychologist can assess injuries within their area of expertise and issue the second and subsequent certificates to a worker. This makes it easier for workers to receive a certificate, without needing to make contact with the doctor.

Where appropriate, a certificate can also be issued via a telehealth consultation. This type of consultation occurs by either video conference or telephone conference.

For other workers, their treating physiotherapist or psychologist may be able to issue a certificate. You should contact the insurer for advice.