Will other practitioners (other than medical practitioners, physiotherapists and psychologists) be able to issue subsequent certificates?

No. The intention is that the initial certificate of fitness may be provided by a medical practitioner and subsequent certificates are only to be issued by a medical practitioner, or a treating physiotherapist or psychologist who has general registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a. No other practitioners will be able to issue certificates.