What changes have been made in issuing a certificate of capacity / certificate of fitness?

The first certificate of fitness for a motor accident -related injury must still be issued by a medical practitioner.

For injured road users, a subsequent certificate can continue to be provided by a medical practitioner via the Certificate of Fitness.

However, treating physiotherapists and treating psychologists with general registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) No 86a can now issue second or subsequent certificates via the Certificate of capacity/certificate of fitness - treating physiotherapist or psychologist where they are providing treatment for all of a claimant’s injuries as a result of the motor accident.