- Parties should advise the DRS if a matter that cannot be progressed with an alternate approach should continue to be considered for in-person medical assessment due to exceptional circumstances. This may include, but is not limited to:
- A decision is required to determine an entitlement to a statutory benefit
- A decision is required for an urgent claims assessment matter
- The Claimant has a terminal illness
- The Claimant has financial hardship
- The Claimant has travel, residency or visa restrictions
- A dispute matter is currently in court
In-person assessments require approval of the Executive Director at DRS to proceed.