What won’t change?

If you are a builder or tradesperson, you will still:

  • need to get home building compensation cover for residential building work in NSW costing more than $20,000, such as new home constructions (including multi-unit buildings of three storeys or less) or home renovations
  • be able to use a broker to access these products, and
  • need to give a certificate of insurance to the homeowner before starting work or accepting any money, including a deposit.

Failing to have cover will continue to be an offence under NSW law.

icare hbcf will continue to offer insurance.