This notice announces the release of the Motor Accidents Guidelines, which apply to personal injuries resulting from motor accidents occurring on or after 1 December 2017.
A new CTP Green Slip scheme has been established under the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017. The Motor Accidents Guidelines apply to motor accidents occurring on or after 1 December 2017 and take effect on that day.
The Guidelines support delivery of the objects of the Act and the Regulation by establishing clear processes and procedures, scheme objectives and compliance requirements. In particular, the Guidelines describe and clarify expectations that apply to respective stakeholders in the scheme.
Relevant parts of the Guidelines apply to key customers of the scheme, including:
- vehicle owners and policyholders
- injured persons and claimants.
Relevant parts of the Guidelines also apply to key scheme stakeholders and service providers, including:
- health practitioners
- lawyers and other representatives
- staff of the Authority
- decision makers
- courts and other dispute resolution bodies.
Parts of the Guidelines
The Guidelines are divided into the following parts:
- Part 1: Premium determination
- Part 2: Market practice
- Part 3: Business plans
- Part 4: Claims
- Part 5: Soft tissue and minor psychological or psychiatric injuries
- Part 6: Permanent impairment
- Part 7: Dispute resolution