CTP Insurer Claims Experience and Customer Feedback Comparison Report
The second issue of the CTP Insurer Claims Experience and Customer Feedback Comparison Report is now published on SIRA’s website.
This report compares insurers in the NSW CTP scheme on a range of evidence-based indicators which measures insurer performance over the course of an injured person’s claims journey. The data will help customers make meaningful comparisons between insurers. People injured in motor accidents may also benefit from knowing what to expect from the insurer managing their claim.
SIRA first published the report in August 2019, covering the period December 2017 to June 2019. That first report included the following measures:
- the number of statutory benefits claims accepted by insurers
- how quickly insurers pay statutory benefits
- the outcome of claim decisions reviewed by insurers through the insurer’s internal review unit, and
- the number and type of compliments and complaints about insurers.
The November 2019 report updates data to 30 September 2019 and includes two additional measures:
- the number of claims referred to the Dispute Resolution Service and the outcomes of those reviews
- the number and type of issues escalated to SIRA’s Compliance, Experience and Investigations team and the regulatory actions.
Follow this link to view the report.