We are responsible for the regulatory functions for workers compensation insurance, motor accidents compulsory third party (CTP) insurance and home building compensation.
Below is a list of the relevant legislation that guides our work:
We regulate the NSW motor accidents insurance scheme, a privately underwritten compulsory third party personal injury insurance scheme.
Links to legislation relevant to the current compulsory third party scheme are:
- Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999
- Motor Accidents Compensation Regulation 2015
- Motor Accidents Compensation (Determination of Loss) Order 2009
- Motor Accidents Compensation (Determination of Non-Economic Loss) Order 2009
- Motor Accidents Act 1988
- Compensation to Relatives Act 1897
- Indexation of Damages, Section 79 and 79a - Motor Accidents Act 1988 & Section 125 and 134 - Motor Accidents Compensation Act 1999 (93kb)
- Motor Accidents (Lifetime Care and Support) Act 2006
- Motor Accidents (Lifetime Care and Support) Regulation 2015
- Motor Vehicles (Third Party Insurance) Act 1942
We are responsible for regulating and administering the workers compensation system in NSW. This system set out in: