There are different types of workers compensation fraud and different ways you can report fraud.
Fraud is generally defined as obtaining money or a financial advantage for yourself or for another person through dishonesty or deception. This can be as simple as telling a lie to obtain workers compensation benefits.
Fraud can include:
- employers or businesses failing to pass on workers compensation benefits to workers or supplying false information to obtain a policy
- health practitioners submitting fraudulent invoices or providing false information in connection with a claim
- workers claiming an injury occurred in the workplace when it actually occurred while doing another activity in their own time. Injured workers can sometimes commit fraud by falsifying medical certificates
To report suspected fraud:
- phone 13 10 50
- email email@example.com or
- write to Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow, NSW 2252