The penalties for defrauding the workers compensation system (and other related offences) can be significant.
This is because it's important that the integrity of the workers compensation system is upheld so the system is fair for all people.
The penalties are imposed by the courts, not us.
Common allegations investigated by us can include:
- providing false or misleading information relating to claims
- failing to pass on the correct workers compensation benefits to workers
- making a false or misleading statement in a notice of injury
- obtain money by deception
- obtain money by false or misleading statement
If you suspect fraud, there are several ways to report it.