Complaints and feedback about us

We value your feedback in the form of suggestions, compliments or complaints.

If you are unhappy with our services or staff and you make a complaint, we will review if openly and fairly and do our best to resolve the issue.

A complaint is not the same as a dispute.

A dispute is (generally) a disagreement you are having with someone else (eg an insurer, employer, medical practitioner).

A complaint is (generally) about the advice or services we provide, or our staff behaviour.

Regarding workers compensation

By taking the time to give us your feedback, we can address your concerns and use your feedback to improve our services.

The complaints process is completely free of charge and you will never be charged for lodging a complaint about any of our services or staff.

You can provide feedback by:


You can call the Customer Experience Contact Centre on 13 10 50 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 5:00pm).

You will receive an acknowledgement and generally be provided with a response within two working days.

People with a speech or hearing impairment can make or take phone calls using these numbers:

  • voice calls or telephone typewriter (TTY) call 133 677 then ask for 13 10 50
  • speak and listen service call 1300 555 727 then ask for 13 10 50
  • SMS relay service on 0423 677 767 then type13 10 50
  • make an internet relay call then type 13 10 50

If you require an interpreter, contact the National Telephone Interpreter Service on 131 450


Email us:


Use our online form: general enquiries form


Workers Compensation Regulation
State Insurance Regulatory Authority
Locked Bag 2906,
Lisarow, NSW 2252

If you are dissatisfied with the response, you can escalate your feedback by asking to speak to a manager or lodging a complaint with our Customer Care team at:

Once we receive your complaint you will receive a reference number, the name and contact details of a case manager.

All complaints will be acknowledged, either in writing or by phone.

Some complaints can be resolved immediately, but  if your complaint requires a detailed investigation, we will try to respond within 20 working days.  We will stay in touch with you during  the investigation process and let you know if we can’t meet this timeframe.

If you are still not happy with the response you receive or the feedback handling process itself, you can contact an agency such as the NSW Ombudsman or the NSW Information and Privacy Commissioner

Regarding motor accidents

As the regulator of the NSW Motor Accidents Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Scheme, we are responsible for:

  • monitoring the performance of motor accidents (CTP) insurers
  • providing advice to help people recover from injuries
  • providing impartial dispute resolution services
  • supporting road safety initiatives

If you think we have not met our responsibilities, you can tell us.

You may have feedback about:

  • the NSW Motor Accidents CTP Scheme (eg the benefits and compensation available, or Green Slip products and prices)
  • our dispute resolution services
  • the information material we provide (eg guidelines, policies and procedures, training services)
  • our staff behaviour
  • our medical assessors (including medical assessment policies and procedures)
  • our claims assessors (including claims assessment policies and procedures)
  • our interpreter services

If you make a complaint, we will treat it equitably, objectively and in an unbiased manner.

We will acknowledge your feedback and respond to you within two working days.

If your complaint requires a detailed investigation, we will try to respond fully within 20 working days. If a response is likely to take longer than we promised, we will let you know.

If you are not satisfied with how your feedback has been handled or resolved, you can contact us to request a review.

Contact details to make a complaint about our motor accidents services:

Phone: 1300 656 919
(or TTY 133 677, or 131 450 if you need an interpreter)


Online: general enquiries form

State Insurance Regulatory Authority,
Level 6, McKell Building
2-24 Rawson Place  
Sydney NSW 2000
or DX 1517 Sydney

If you are still concerned with the way we managed your complaint about us, you can contact an agency such as the NSW Ombudsman or the NSW Information and Privacy Commissioner.

Further information


Any personal or health information you give to us will be handled strictly in accordance with  NSW privacy laws.

To investigate and help resolve your complaint,  we may need to give your details to third parties such as your insurer, we will seek your permission before we do this. If you don’t want us to do this or are concerned about how your personal information has been managed, please let us know.