Issued under section 7.31(4) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017
- Claimant: AER
- Insurer: Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
- Claim Number: 10093680
The Reviewable Decision:
- Reviewable decision-maker: Marcus De Courtenay
- Date of Reviewable decision: 26 March 2019
- Nature of Reviewable decision:
The Merit Review:
- Our Reference: 10093680
- Merit Reviewer: Colin Stoten
- Date of Merit Review Certificate: 13 June 2019
Merit Reviewer’s Determination
This determination relates to a merit review matter, which is a reviewable decision under Schedule 2(1)(i) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017, about whether certain travel expenses are reasonable for the purposes of section 3.24(1)(a).
My determination of the Merit Review is as follows:
- The reviewable decision is set aside and the following decision is made in substitution for the reviewable decision:
- The Claimant is entitled to recover from the Insurer travel expenses of $6,403.00.
- Effective Date: 13 June 2019.
- Legal Costs: The amount of the Claimant’s costs assessed in accordance with the Motor Accident Injuries Regulation 2017 is $nil.
A brief statement of my reasons for this determination are attached to this certificate.
Merit Reviewer, Dispute Resolution Service