Issued under section 7.13(4) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017
- Claimant: ADX
- Insurer: Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
- Claim Number: 37C000253
The reviewable decision:
- Reviewable decision-maker: Fiona Laffan
- Date of Reviewable decision: 21 January 2019
- Nature of Reviewable decision: Costs of a Medical Dispute
The merit review:
- Our Reference: 10076293
- Merit Reviewer: Colin Stoten
- Date of Merit Review Certificate: 14 February 2019
This determination relates to a merit review matter, which is a reviewable decision as a Schedule 2,
1(aa) matter of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017, about legal costs.
My determination of this referral is as follows:
- The reviewable decision is set aside and the following decision is made in substitution for the reviewable decision:
- The Insurer is to pay to the Claimant’s solicitor’s costs of $1,783.91 in respect of the Medical Assessment of Assessors Reutens and Barnsley.
- Effective Date: This determination takes effect on 14 February 2019.
- Legal Costs: The amount of the Claimant’s costs assessed in accordance with the Motor Accident Injuries Regulation 2017 is $nil.
A brief statement of my reasons for this determination are attached to this certificate.
Merit Reviewer & Claims Assessor,
Dispute Resolution Service