Issued in accordance with section 7.36(5) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 and clause 7.441 of the Motor Accident Guidelines
Determination of a matter declared under Schedule 2(3) of the Act to be a miscellaneous claims assessment matter.
- Claimant: ADW
- Insurer: QBE Insurance
- Date of Accident: 23 June 2018
- DRS Reference: 10076121
- Insurance Claim Number: 360005338201
- Date of Internal Review: 7 January 2019
- DRS Claims Assessor: David R Ford
- Date of Decision: 16 April 2019
- Conference date and time: Assessed on the papers
The findings of the assessment of this dispute are as follows:
- For the purposes of section 3.11 of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (NSW), the motor accident was not caused wholly or mostly by the fault of the injured person.
- For the purposes of section 3.28 of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (NSW), the motor accident was not caused wholly or mostly by the fault of the injured person.
- Effective Date: This determination takes effect on 16 April 2019.
- Legal Costs: As the Claimant is unrepresented, no amount is assessed for costs.
A brief statement of my reasons for this determination are attached to this certificate.
David R Ford
DRS Claims Assessor
Dispute Resolution Services