Issued under section 7.13(4) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017
|Insurer||NRMA Insurance Australia Limited|
|The Reviewable Decision|
|Date of decision:||24 January 2018|
|Nature of decision:||The amount of pre-accident weekly earnings|
|The Merit Review|
|Merit Reviewer:||Jeremy Lum|
|Date of this Certificate:||8 August 2018|
Merit Reviewer’s Determination
This determination relates to a merit review matter, which is a reviewable decision under Schedule 2(1)(a) of the Motor Accident Injuries Act 2017 (the Act).
The merit review matter is about the amount of weekly payments of statutory benefits that is payable to AAG under Division 3.3 (weekly payments of statutory benefits to injured persons).
The determination of the Merit Review is as follows
The Insurer is to obtain the following:
○ AAG’s 2017 and 2018 Income Tax Return (if available).
○ AAG’s 2017 and 2018 Notice of Assessment (if available).
○ Schedule from Bacchus showing each payment of director’s fee to AAG for the period 2 January 2017 to 1 January 2018.
○ A copy of the company constitution for each of the entities in which AAG was a director, for the period 2 January 2017 to 1 January 2018.
● Effective Date: Until the Insurer reconsiders its pre-accident weekly earnings decision, the Insurer is to continue to pay AAG weekly payments of $1,846.15. Upon making its reconsideration decision, the Insurer is to pay AAG the difference between what he has been paid and what he was entitled to be paid (if there is a shortfall), taking effect from24 January 2018, the date of the Insurer’s original decision in relation to AAG’s pre- accident weekly earnings.