We are seeking input from stakeholders on the Draft workers compensation guidelines. The draft guidelines outline mandatory requirements for insurers when managing claims.
Consultation period: 02/11/2018 12:00 am to 30/11/2018 5:00 pm
We are seeking input from stakeholders on the Draft workers compensation guidelines.
The draft guidelines outline mandatory requirements for insurers when managing claims.
They are authorised under section 376(1)(c) of the Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998 and operate by force of law as delegated legislation.
Once finalised, the new guidelines will replace the:
- Guidelines for Claiming Workers Compensation dated 1 August 2016
- Guidelines on Injury Management Consultants dated 27 September 2012
- Guidelines on Independent Medical Examinations and Reports dated 13 March 2012.
We encourage you to have your say and let us know how we can support an efficient and effective workers compensation system.
Please provide your feedback using the online form below, by 5pm on Friday 30 November 2018
We value your input and look forward to hearing your views. Any questions regarding the Draft workers compensation guidelines or the broader Claims Management Framework should be emailed to PolicyDesignWHBCR-SIRA@sira.nsw.gov.au
- 2 November 2018 – Consultation draft of Workers Compensation guidelines published on SIRA website
- 2 November 2018 to 30 November 2018 – Consultation open