When should I seek legal advice?

Before you accept an assessment of your degree of permanent impairment, you should seek independent legal advice to understand your rights and the impact of these assessments on your entitlements.

The Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) oversees the independent legal assistance and review service (ILARS). ILARS provides funding to external lawyers acting for workers to resolve disputes about workers compensation entitlements.

Information regarding legal funding, including the Section 39 Fast Track ILARS Grant Application Form is available on the WIRO website.

If you require more information please contact:

Workers Compensation Independent Review Officer
T: 13 9476 or email