Making a formal claim

If you expect your expenses will be more than $5000, or your recovery will take longer than six months, and you were not at fault for the crash, you should complete a personal injury claim form and send it to the insurer within six months of the accident. If you can't open this clickable form in your browser, download this static version.

To be eligible:

  • another driver or vehicle owner was either partly or fully at fault for your injuries, or
  • the accident was ‘blameless’, (eg due to vehicle failure or sudden driver illness like a stroke), or
  • you were under 16 and a resident of NSW at the time, regardless of who was at fault

Our who can claim page has more information on who can claim.

You may still lodge a claim more than six months after the accident in some circumstances.  Call us for more information.