This guide provides practical advice to allied health practitioners (and others) on the most common topics relevant to delivering services to someone injured under the NSW Motor Accidents CTP Scheme. A PDF version of this guide will be available soon. Contact SIRA on 1300 137 131 to request a copy.
This guide was developed to facilitate effective communication between allied health practitioners and CTP Green Slip insurers, so that people injured in motor vehicle accidents obtain appropriate, cost effective treatment leading to the best possible outcomes. This guide will also enable timely approval of services and payment of accounts.
- explains the principles for allied health practitioner services
- describes what is considered reasonable and necessary treatment
- explains the role of allied health practitioners in the scheme
- provides guidance for completing the forms for requesting services
- gives details about the payment of accounts and release of information
- explains how to solve problems and manage disagreements with CTP Green Slip insurers.
This guide was developed in conjunction with:
- compulsory third party (CTP) Green Slip insurers
- the Australian Society of Rehabilitation Counsellors
- the Australian Rehabilitation Providers Association
- the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia NSW
- Osteopathy Australia
- the Australian Psychology Association, and
- the Exercise and Sport Science Association.